Dienstag, 31. August 2010

Pumpkins and other things...

Now, it's official. My creative writing course appears on the university's homepage... I'm still pretty nervous about it, but I have been working on a course plan for the last two days, and I think it is coming along fine. The worst thing that could happen is that no students actually attends the class, or at least this is what I keep telling myself... :-)

We had a lot of rain over the last days (although nothing compared to what they had in Osnabrück), and unfortunately our tomatoes suffered greatly. Most plants have been snapped in at least one place, and I'm not sure how many will make it now. But on the other hand, my pumpkins are coming along great. When I bought that Hokkaido-pumpkin last year, I had no idea that it would be this easy to grow them...
Here are some pictures for your entertainment:


Pumpkins (Hokkaido)


















More pumpkins...


















I'm taking bets on how many pumpkins it will be once the season's over... On my last count there were still 16 on the plants...

Our chili plants were in the green house and thereby save from the rain. But unfortunately it seems that this year was rather cold, so there aren't any red ones yet. But I'm hopefull that they just need a few more weeks now:

Chili plants in our green house.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen