Sonntag, 7. November 2010

Nano report: Day 7

Wohooo!!!!! I made it. I finished chapter three! In one go! Another 4625 words gone.

Today was a great day, writing wise, considering that yesterday was such a horrible one. Yesterday, I met some fellow writers in Bremen, which was a lot of fun, but unfortunately when I came home in the evening, I just couldn't bring myself to work on my Nano story. But since I really didn't wanted to fall behind again, I compromised by writing another story (actually I started on chapter two of 'Codeword ALCYONE'). Somehow I felt really, really blocked about chapter three of "Children of Discord". So, today, I started of with plotting the chapter for a whole hour before actually sitting down and writing it. My aim was, of course, to finish the chapter today, so that I could start on the next one on Monday. It took me the better part of four hours (!!!) but I managed it. This is the longest writing session I ever had on one day. But at least, chapter three is officially finished now.

Favourite quote from chapter three:
"Sometimes, what others see in us is not what we see in ourselves."

I  have also officially hit the 15k benchmark today, without even noticing at first. As of right now I am at 18.972 words (in seven days). This is a weekly wordcount I would never have thought possible before starting Nano.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen