Freitag, 15. Oktober 2010

A rant and Nanowrimo preparations

This morning I actually got up before sunrise to go to the hospital *shudder*. And I had my very first MRI done - not an experience I'd want to repeat. It wasn't bad per se, but not being able to move for 10 minutes stright is just not my thing. Especially not while being half blind (I had to take of my glasses) and deaf (they give you these really big ear protectors), and stuck in a very small tube (no further comment). Then I had to wait for 45 minutes more until a doctor thought of telling me the diagnosis - which was (surprise, surprise) that he didn't have one.

Seems that there isn't an infection in my knee and I didn't twist it somehow. He did fined out that I seem to have a "sub-variant bone-shape" so that that my "patella" (kneecap) doesn't have the traditional v-form and therefore doesn't really fit into joint. *yadda yada yadda* I might have listened a bit better if he himself hadn't sounded so bored out of his mind. And honestly, I already knew all that. Seems that I really did inherit my mother's knees. *sigh* Consequence is that there is really nothing to be done than wait if it goes away all by itself and remember not to sit down cross-legged anymore.

On a far more positive note, I'm starting my preparations for Nanowrimo now. I've already got myself a Scrapbook for any kind of notes and funny things that come to mind while writing. And I have nearly decided on a story, too. Although, just to be on the sure site, I'll sit down and write one short piece for all my ideas to see how they work out. Then, I'll start to make a few notes about the main characters, and perhaps even write a rough plot outline. Thankfully, there's still two weeks left for all these preparations. I would go nuts otherwise. Also, Jacky posted some really great wallpapers for nanowrimo over at Schreibwerkstatt.de which can be used to keep yourself motivated throughout the whole month (or at least everytime you switch on your computer). Needless to say, I downloaded them all. ;-)
This will be the longest story I have ever written. So, I fear I'll need all the motivation I can get.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen