Montag, 24. Januar 2011

Aliens and Creatures

It took a long time and the waiting nearly drove my insane, but now, it's finally over. This afternoon, my edition of the "Doctor Who RPG" - Supplement "Aliens & Creatures" arrived with the mail - at least! Yes! Strike!

I haven't really started reading yet, but I took a quick peak through the whole thing, and I am impressed. Honestly? I thought it would be a simple book, but instead I got a box as big as the basic RPG set. O.O
Including a book on the aforementioned "Aliens & Creatures" (sadly, again only covering the new series, but that was to be expected *sigh*), but also including a rather interesting looking Planet & Race Generator - Chapter. I'll really have to take a good look at that one - always love those random generators...
Aditionally, the box included two new adventures, some more story point counters, and new gadget cards. And... here is where it get's a bit weird/fannish/squeely... a big pack of cards each featuring a picture of and data for the different aliens mentioned in the book. I'm not sure what those cards might be for - except to look at them, I guess - but they certainly look good... Perhaps, I could use them during play in the sense of: "Look here. This is what the thing looks like."...

On the whole I am terribly excited about it. Even though it took nearly 3 month now to finally get the box. If the future publications will be anything like this, I am definitely looking forward to them. :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen